Arabic Qahwa or Arabic Coffee, is a very light coffee made with light roasted coffee beans that are still green, and with lots of cardamom.
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 3 Tbsp ground light roast coffee (or 4 Tbsp beans to grind fresh)
- 1 Tbsp cardamoms, coarsely ground
- 1 clove
- small pinch saffron
- half tsp rose water
- sugar as needed (nutritional info is based on 2 tsp per person)
- Whichever coffee pot you are using to serve, fill it up with hot water to warm it up. Don’t forget to empty it before trying to pour the Arabic coffee in!
- Bring the water to boil in a small saucepan, ibrik or stovetop kettle.
- Add coffee, bring back to boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cardamom and clove and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Take off heat, add the rose water, stir, then strain through a sieve into the EMPTY coffee pot.
- Serve immediately, as mentioned, with something sweet and filling the cups only halfway up.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Arabic