An indulgent Chocolate Cheesecake recipe, flavoured with Baileys and coffee.
- 200g (70z) plain digestive biscuits
- 100g (3.5oz) butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 600g (1 lb 5oz) full fat cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 250g (9oz) dark chocolate (70%)
- 200g (7oz) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) evaporated milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Baileys
- 1 Tbsp of instant coffee granules as is (not dissolved in water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- a little melted butter for greasing
Baileys Chocolate Ganache
- 120g (4.5 oz) milk chocolate
- 3 Tbsp double cream (heavy cream)
- 1 Tbsp Baileys
You need a 9″/23cm loose bottomed pan.
- Prepare your cake tin as required, i.e. grease, line and grease.
- Heat the oven to 190˚C/375˚F.
- Place the biscuits, sugar and cocoa powder in the food processor/chopper and pulse to get fine crumbs. It should turn a dark colour because of the cocoa.
- Add the melted butter (through the feed tube if you have one) and pulse until it’s all thoroughly mixed. You’ll end up with a mixture that looks like dark wet sand.
- Carefully press this biscuit mix onto the bottom of your greased pan, patting it and packing it flat with your palm.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Then leave it to cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack (set the timer if you might forget!), then straight in the fridge while weget the cheesecake done.
- Melt the chocolate on 50-80% power for 90 seconds. The lower your microwave power (800w or 1000w?), the lower the percentage. Check, stir if slightly melted and zap again for 30-60 seconds and repeat until it’s completely melted. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese on the lowest setting and add sugar gradually until it’s all in.
- Add the flours, scrape down the sides and beat for 20 seconds or so until it’s all mixed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, keep beating on low speed to incorporate.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: melted chocolate, milk, Baileys and vanilla, beat on low for 30-60 seconds, scraping down the sides, until it’s all mixed. Add the coffee granules last, stir very lightly.
- Pour slowly into the base lined pan and bake at 190˚C for 50 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack completely. Leave in the tin, wrap loosely with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Melt the chocolate and cream on 50-80% power. Stir and mix completely.
- Add the Baileys, mix and leave to cool completely.
- Unmould the cake and top/cover as desired and leave in the fridge until time to cut and serve.
Total time does not include overnight chilling.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Medium
- Cuisine: British/American Fusion
Keywords: cake, cheesecake, baileys, chocolate