Baileys Tiramisu recipe, the best tiramisu ever! Layers of coffee and Baileys dipped savoiardi biscuits, creamy mascarpone and Baileys filling and chocolate come together seamlessly for a seductive dessert.
- 500g (1.1 lb) tub mascarpone
- 3 large eggs
- 60g (2″) caster sugar
- 24 Savoiardi biscuits (depends on the size of your dish)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Bailey’s
- 125ml (1/2 cup) strong espresso, at room temperature
- 60g (2″) 70% dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
You will need a square baking dish measuring about 23cm (9″) or something similar. Or 8-10 serving glasses.
Eggs and Mascarpone
- Beat the egg whites on high until stiff. Set aside.
- Now place the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and beat with the same electric beaters (no need to clean) on high for about 2 minutes, until the mixture is pale and almost mousse like in appearance.
- Tip the mascarpone in, and beat on low to thoroughly mix it in. Add 3 Tbsp of the Bailey’s, and fold it in.
- Now, gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone and egg yolk mixture, slowly and gradually. Set aside.
Assembling the Tiramisu
- Pour the coffee and the rest of the Bailey’s into a shallow dish.
- Dip the biscuits into the coffee mix for 3 seconds, no more, shake off excess, and arrange on the base of your chosen dish in a single layer. Or in glasses as in the image here. If using glasses, you’ll have to break the biscuits to fit, and push them down, especially for the conical the martini glasses.
- Top the damp biscuits with half the mascarpone mixture.
- Grate half the chocolate all over the mascarpone layer.
- Repeat this with another layer of the coffee dipped savoiardi biscuits, the mascarpone mix and the second half of the grated chocolate.
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to set, even overnight, for the ideal party dessert.
- Just before you serve, top the grated chocolate with a fine layer of cocoa powder using a sieve.
Total time does not include the minimum chilling time of 4 hours or the coffee cooling down.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian