This beef and broccoli in oyster sauce is a 10 minute recipe but you can turn this into a 30 minute dinner by putting your rice on before you start.
- 2 thin steaks of beef, about 200g, sliced thinly
- 150g broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped widthwise
- 2 inches/5cm ginger, julienned (cut in thin strips)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp light soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- half tbsp rice wine vinegar or ordinary white
- 1 tbsp water
- dash of ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 inch ginger, julienned
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- Heat the oil in a room frying pan or wok on medium high heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, don’t worry if they brown slightly.
- Add the beef slices, mixing it all up thoroughly to coat.
- Add all the sauces and vinegar and again mix thoroughly, moving the beef around constantly. We are only going to cook the beef for about 2 minutes here.
- Add the broccoli, pepper and water, continue mixing and frying for another 1-2 minutes. Don’t overcook the broccoli, it still wants to remain a vibrant green.
- Garnish as desired and serve with rice or with a bowl of noodles.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 2-3
Keywords: easy recipes, beef, chinese