The timings and servings given are for the salad.
- 5 layers of bresaola
- slices of tomato
- rocket/arugula leaves
- handful basil leaves
- parmesan shavings
- freshly ground pepper
- drizzle of olive oil flavoured with some basil & garlic (see notes below)
Basil & Garlic Olive oil
- In a pestle and mortar, crush 1 small clove of garlic, a couple of basil leaves and a pinch of salt.
- some small skewers, cocktail sticks or rosemary sticks
- marinated cheese, like feta, mozzarella balls or mini boursin
- pickled jalapeños
- cherry tomatoes
- basil leaves
- Arrange the bresaola slices on a plate, folding them a little over on themselves.
- Follow with tomatoes.
- Scatter a few rocket leaves and basil leaves all over.
- Drop a few parmesan shavings, as many or as little as you like.
- Drizzle olive oil all over.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper.
- Thread the ingredients through your cocktail sticks as you wish. I like to have the cheese on all of them because I love cheese!
- You could also drizzle some olive oil on them after if you like.
- Serving Size: 1