A Christmas Cranberry Gin recipe. Deep red, a touch sweet, a hint of bitter, this is the most delicious Christmas Gin there is! So easy to make! (Total time does not include the 1 month of infusion time.)
- 400–500g (about 1 lb)) frozen cranberries
- 1 litre (4 cups) good quality gin
- 100–200g (3.5-7 oz) white sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, halved
If the cranberries are not frozen, place them in the freezer overnight, and get your infusion going the next day.
- Place the cranberries, gin and 100g of the sugar into a large, sterilised jar, and give it a good stir.
- Cover and place in a dark place for a minimum of 1 month. I place mine in a kitchen cupboard. Stir it every other day, or as often as you remember to! About every 2-3 days, I squash the cranberries with the back of a spoon, when I’m stirring the mix.
- At the end of 3 weeks, taste it, and add more sugar if you think it needs it. Steep it for another week.
- To drink, strain through a sieve or, if you like a crystal clear gin, strain though a double layer of muslin or cheese cloth into a sterilised bottle. Store in a dark cupboard as you would your other drinks.
Total time does not include the 1 month of infusion time.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: British