Cranberry sauce recipe. As it takes only 10 minutes and is best made ahead – there’s really no excuse for not making it yourself! Miles better than anything out of a jar or can!
- 300g (10.5 oz) cranberries
- 4–6 Tbsp white sugar (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp ginger wine, OR half tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove
- a tiny piece of cinnamon stick
- Place everything in a saucepan, bring to a boil on medium heat, then lower heat right down and simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes at the most. 5 minutes will give you a sauce with largely whole cranberries, 10 will give you a slightly mushier result. I like a mixture of both, so stop at about 7. You could also mash the cranberries in the shorter time period with a fork or potato masher.
- Transfer to a sterilised jar, cool to room temperature, then keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Category: Sauces
- Cuisine: British and American