- 120 g (4 1/5 oz) butter, softened
- 100 g (3.5 oz) icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 250 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour, sifted
- Beat butter and icing sugar with a wooden spoon until creamy, a couple of minutes should do.
- Beat in the egg, still with the spoon, for a minute.
- Add the flour and rub with your fingertips, lifting the flour up and letting it fall back into the bowl.
- Stop when the mixture resembles fat, sticky breadcrumbs.
- Bring it all together, knead it just 2 – 3 times until it’s smooth.
- Flatten slightly, wrap in clingfilm, and chill for 30 mins to rest, before using.
Prep Time doesn’t include 30 minutes chilling time.