Super easy Eggless Lemon Curd recipe – tastes just like the real thing!
- 100g (3.5oz) salted butter
- 100g (3.5oz) white sugar
- 200ml (4/5 cup) lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 2 Tbsp cool water
- 100g (3.5oz) condensed milk
- Place the butter, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest (if using) in a small saucepan on medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir, as the butter is melting, to mix.
- Let the mix simmer for 1 minute.
- Mix the cornflour and water to a smooth paste, and very slowly drizzle this into the lemon and sugar mix, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened.
- Take it off the heat and stir the condensed milk in. That’s it.
- Transfer to a sterilised jar, bring to room temperature, then store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Category: Eggless Recipes
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 12 (Makes 410g/350ml/1 2/5 cups)