Still looking for a Christmas gift? Get this book with almost 100 recipes, you’ll be feeding malnourished kids around the world with the money you spend. All proceeds of this book go to Action Against Hunger, a global organisation that aims to save the lives of malnourished children in over 40 countries. Help us make a difference.
It all started in the summer. I’d just finished my latest cookbook on Kindle, when my 11-year old, Sahara, goes, “Why don’t you do a Christmas cookbook, mummy?”. The question then became how to make it different from all the other gazillion festive cookbooks out there. One lightbulb moment later, I realised what a wealth of resources I had at my fingertips in the form of the Foodies+ community I run on Google+, and its almost 200 000 members.
Thanks to the generosity of these members, this book contains recipes from all 4 corners of the world, and many of those recipes are relevant all throughout the year, like
- Fijian Kokoda Terrine from Annajane Dalton of Conjurup Food in Australia
- Indian Lamb Roast from Indrani in India who blogs at Indrani’s Food Blog
- Croatian Walnut Roll from Jasmina and Zvonimir who now live in Canada and blog at www.ZvonimirFras.com, which also features Zvonimir’s photography
- Barolo Beef from Lisa, the Kiwi, married to an Italian, who lives in France and blogs over at ItalianKiwi.com
- Orange Blossom Bellini, from Shana in Singapore, who blogs over at RecipesareSimple.com
- South African Malva Pudding from one of my South African friends here in the UK
To further whet your appetites, here’s a glimpse of the Foodies+ Christmas Recipes Content:
- Supporting Cast
Starters, Soups, Sides, Stuffing, Sauces and Gravies
- The Main Performance
We’re not just talking turkey, baby!
- La Dolce Vita
Because Life should always be sweet!
- Time for a Tipple
Always Happy Hour somewhere, right?
- Feeding a Crowd
Canapés and other party food for the planned and uninvited guests!
- Gifts from the Kitchen
The way to anyone’s culinary heart!
- Menu Suggestions
- Basic Recipes (stocks, spice mixes, etc)
Convinced yet? It’ll make a great addition to any Kindle library, including yours! Just head on over to Amazon in your country and do a search for Foodies+ Christmas Recipes, or here are some links:
And here’s a bonus! Joy Stewart’s Citrus Brussels Sprouts with Maple Pecans. I’ve made them a couple of times already and they are simply amazing! At first glance, you might think there’s a lot going on, but I was just bowled over by how all the flavours played together beautifully; each complementing and contrasting fabulously.
Joy, originally from the East Coast, now lives in California with her husband and little son, Henry, who eats everything she cooks him! She blogs over at the Joyous Kitchen.
A heartfelt thanks from me to all of you who do decide to purchase a copy of this e-book. For a very good cause.
Foodies+ Christmas Recipes from Around the World