Harissa Chicken Traybake (Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken) is a super easy recipe that’s perfect for midweek meals, weekends and even for entertaining friends.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 large brown onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 capsicums (bell pepper) of 2 colours
- 1 large carrot or 2 handfuls baby carrots
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley (curly will do too)
- 2 Tbsp EV olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp harissa
- 1 tsp salt
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven up to 190˚C (375˚F).
Prep the veg
- Quarter the onion and separate the layers.
- Cut the capsicum into thick slices.
- If using a large carrot, cut it into thick fingers.
- Chop the parsley up finely.
- Tip all the vegetables into the tray, followed by the chicken.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice all over.
- Spoon the harissa over.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Scatter the parsley all over.
- Mix everything up well, rubbing the marinade under the chicken skin too.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- When done, leave to rest for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: British/North African Fusion
Keywords: chicken recipes, easy recipes, one pot