- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped widthwise or finely 1 x 440g can good quality chopped tomatoes
- a handful basil leaves, torn
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil on medium high heat in a frying pan.
- Fry the garlic for about 15 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir well and bring back to boil.
- Mash the tomatoes with a potato masher, if you like or leave as is.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- That’s it, you now have a gorgeous tomato sauce bursting with
- flavours that will make all the difference on your pizza.