Quick and easy recipe on how to make rose syrup without rose petals! Cheat’s Homemade Rose Syrup recipe, using sugar, water and rose water.
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 600 g (3 cups) white sugar
- 3 Tbsp of rose water OR
- 3 drops of pure essential oil of rose or geranium
- tiny amount of concentrated pink food colouring
- Add the sugar and water into a saucepan on medium heat and bring to a gentle boil, stirring a couple of times.
- Reduce the heat to very low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, take off the hot hob and stir in the pink food colour. How concentrated you want it to be, is up to you.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then stir in the pure essential oil or rose water.
- Pour into a sterilised bottle or jar and can be stored at room temperature for about a month although I prefer to keep mine in the fridge and it has gone for as long as 2 months.
- To serve, dilute like a cordial, at a ratio of 1 part syrup to 4 parts water or 1:3, depending on ow sweet you like your drinks.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern/Asian
- Serving Size: 15 x 200 ml servings (4/5 cup)