How to make Liquid Saffron at home, an indispensable ingredient in the Persian kitchen, but perfect for all cuisines.
- 1 pinch of saffron pistils
- 1 small pinch of sugar or salt
- 2 Tbsp hot (not boiling) water (let it boil, then leave it until needed but for no more than 5 minutes)
- Place the saffron and sugar or salt in to a pestle and mortar and grind to a fine powder. Or to be specific, place it in the mortar and grind it with the pestle!
- Add the hot water and leave to soak for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Use in your recipe as required.
- I use all of it up, including the residue.
Total time does not include soaking time.
- Category: Ingredients
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Persian
- Serving Size: Makes 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 2
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0.5g
Keywords: saffron, spices, ingredients, persian