Click here for an easy mulled cider recipe, perfect for when the weather turns chilly, weather you have a fire at home or not!
- 125ml (1/2 cup) apple juice
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) white sugar
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 2.5 cm (1″) fresh ginger
- 1 large unwaxed orange, sliced in rings
- 1 unwaxed lemon, sliced in rings
- 1 litre (4 cups) good quality cider
- 125ml (1/2 cup) brandy
- Place all the ingredients apart from the cider and brandy into a medium sized saucepan.
- Heat on medium until the sugar has dissolved, stirring well.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cider and brandy and continue to heat on low heat. After 5 minutes or so, it should have warmed through and be ready to be served. I like to leave it on the lowest heat setting and top up my glass as needed.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 6