- 150g 70% dark chocolate
- 30g butter (regular salted)
- 70g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- half tsp vanilla paste/extract
- 25g plain flour
- 4 tbsp salted caramel straight from the fridge, click for recipe
- some clotted cream or any regular cream (optional)
- some fruit – strawberries, raspberries
- Line and grease four dariole moulds or ramekins.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F.
- Break the chocolate up into little pieces in a large microwaveable bowl and place in the microwave oven at 80% power in bursts of 30-60 seconds until melted. My microwave oven has a power of 1000w and I melt dark chocolate at 80% power and white chocolate at 50% with absolutely no problems. Stir and leave to cool slightly while you get everything else together.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale, you won’t have a fluid mix, it’ll be pretty dry at this stage.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds between each.
- Add the vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the flour with the wooden spoon until just combined.
- Add this egg/butter mix to the melted chocolate and fold everything together. As the chocolate reacts to the liquid mix, it will thicken up considerably.
- Half fill the moulds with the batter.
- Take a tablespoon of your salted caramel and form into a flat-ish disc and place on top of the batter in the moulds.
- Top with the rest of the batter and bake for 8 minutes for just a touch of crust on the outside.
- Serve immediately.
Can be made earlier in the day and kept in the fridge until ready to be baked. Then add 4 minutes to your baking time.
- Serving Size: 4