8-minute easy recipe for homemade pesto, or Pesto Genovese, the basil pesto that we love so much! Click here also, for ideas on how to use pesto.
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 60g (2oz) pine nuts
- 3 handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 150ml (3/5 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3Tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated pecorino cheese
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- In a food chopper, start with chopping the garlic and pine nuts for a few seconds.
- Add the basil leaves and half the olive oil and continue chopping for about 20 seconds more.
- Add the cheeses, salt, pepper and a little more olive oil and chop again.
- Scrape down the sides and add more olive oil if you need it and chop one last time to incorporate everything together. You are going for a paste that is just pourable and thick.
- Category: Sauces
- Cuisine: Italian