Salad Shirazi is a simple Persian salad of cucumber, tomato and red onions that will shake your tastebuds alive with every tingling mouthful.
- 1/2 a large cucumber
- 1 large red onion
- 3 medium firm tomatoes
- 1 small handful flat leaf or curly parsley
- 1 small handful coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 2 Tbsp EV olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- large pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the cucumbers up into little cubes, no more than half an inch (just over 1cm) big.
- Chop up the onions and tomatoes to the same size.
- Finely chop the parsley and coriander (cilantro).
- Place in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Taste the dressing and add more salt if needed.
- Drizzle the dressing all over the salad and toss (mix) gently, don’t mush up the tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
- On a hot day, place the salad bowl on some ice to keep cool.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Persian