This 10-minute Scallop Ceviche recipe, with its tingling, citrusy, and a touch boozy marinade, is simply exquisite!
- 12 King scallops
- 2 spring onions (scallions)
- 1/2 – 1 red chilli
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Raspberry Gin or good quality London Dry Gin
- generous inch of salt
- some freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the spring onions thinly and place in a medium-sized bowl. Leave a few of the green bits aside, as a garnish, about 3 per glass.
- Chop up the chilli into tiny pieces and add to the bowl, also keeping a small amount for garnish.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl.
- Add the gin to the bowl too.
- Now season with the salt and just a very light sprinkling of black pepper. Mix, and taste it. Add more salt, if necessary.
- Now, chop up your scallops into tiny bite sized pieces and add to the bowl. Give it a good stir and serve up in shot glasses or cocktail glasses. Finish with the spring onion and chilli garnish, that we set aside earlier.
If you are thinly slicing your scallops, arrange them on a side plate or starter plate, and drizzle the marinade all over, drenching the scallops. Finish with the garnish.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Calories: 81.3
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 296.7mg
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: ceviche, amuse-bouche, seafood