- 8 large prawns
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- juice of half a lime
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- dash of chilli flakes
- half tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red Thai chilli, chopped
- 1 spring onion, white part, thinly sliced
- Clean the prawns, remove the head and wash off any gunk. Leave the shell and tail intact.
- Mix the marinade and coat the prawns thoroughly and leave to marinade for 20 minutes. Stir it a round a couple of times to ensure even marinating.
- Take a skewer and pierce a prawn from the tail right through to the top.
- Repeat with the other prawns.
- Barbecue for 2 minutes on each side. Alternatively, cook them under the grill. As the cooking time is so short, there is no need to baste.
- Mix everything together and keep aside.
- Can be made a day earlier and kept, covered, in the fridge. Will last 2-3 days.
Prep time includes 20 minutes of marinating, during which time, put your feet up and have a drink!
- Serving Size: 2