This smoked salmon salad is a treat for all your senses, with oranges and marinated artichokes. An easy party salad to please all your discerning guests!
- 4 oranges
- 200g (7 oz) smoked salmon
- 300g (10.5 oz) jar of marinated artichokes (see above)
- 4 shallots or 1 medium red onion
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 2 handfuls salad leaves like rocket (arugula) or lamb’s lettuce (corn salad)
- a few herb leaves of your choice, like basil or mint
- parmesan shavings
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp EV olive oil
- tiny pinch of salt
- Mix the dressing ingredients up well by using a small balloon whisk or just a fork. Or place the ingredients in a screw top jar, seal, and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Peel the oranges, then thinly slice them into rounds.
- Get the smokes salmon out and tear or cut into bitesized slices.
- drain and pat dry the marinated artichokes.
- Thinly slice the shallots into rings.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers. I use a vegetable peeler for this, but just slice them as usual if it’s easier.
- Divide all the salad ingredients up onto 4 plates, if serving individually. Or use a large plate, to serve a crowd. The parmesan shavings should go on last.
- Top with some freshly ground black pepper and drizzle the dressing all over. Maybe go easy on the dressing and folks can top up if they like.
- Category: Starter
- Cuisine: British