This Spicy Sage, Onion and Chorizo Stuffing is my hot and sexy twist on the good old Sage, Onion and Sausagemeat stuffing.
- 300g (7 oz) chorizo, casings removed
- 100g (3.5 oz) white or brown breadcrumbs 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- half tsp sweet smoked paprika
- half – 1 tsp chilli flakes (to taste)
- half tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chop up the sausage meat to a fairly coarse grind, either with your fingers, roughly, or in a chopper.
- Chop up the onion to a coarse grind as well, with a knife or in a chopper.
- Now, place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands. The stuffing can be made up to this step the night before and stored in the fridge, covered.
- Cook the stuffing as you wish: stuff a bird, cook in a dish or make little balls the size of ping pong balls.
- Oven temperature will depend on what you are roasting it with but a rough guide will be 200 ̊C (400 ̊F).
- If you are making stuffing balls, cook them for 20 – 30 minutes, depending on what’s in the oven at the same time and therefore, the oven temperature. I do mine for 20 minutes at 200 ̊C (400 ̊F).
- If you are using a dish, you will need a loaf tin that measures about 20 cm x 10 cm (8” x 4”). Grease the tin with a little olive oil.
- Pack the stuffing in neatly and bake, uncovered, for 35 – 40 minutes at 200 ̊C (400 ̊F).
- If stuffing a bird, just cook your bird as usual and make sure that the middle of the stuffing is cooked through.
- Serve alongside your roast as usual, if cooked separately.
- Category: Christmas/Side dish
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 4 - 6