One of my food blogger friends, Peri Avari, of PerisSpiceLadle.com recently published her second cookbook called Tikka, Tikki and Spicy Small Bites, available on Amazon everywhere. It is a wonderful and well put together cookbook; not only does Peri give you fantastically mouth watering recipes for entertaining but she gives you some downright priceless advice on barbecue/grilling tools, methods and general how-to.
My kids and I made these Spinach and Chickpeas Kebab Sliders one lazy Saturday afternoon and completely fell in love with the flavours that went in these little gems. A touch of Indian spice with a little heat, fruity from the suggested chutney accompaniment, they are a definite keeper in our house and we’ve made them twice since! They are so quick and easy to make too! Once you get all the necessary ingredients and spices ready (which is a breeze too), it’s a 5 minute job! I cannot recommend them and the book enough! They’re vegetarian, vegan and if you substitute the bread for a tsp of cornflour, gluten free too!
Per suggests serving them with her Masala Garlic Tomato Chutney, Mango Cranberry Chutney, Spicy Date Chutney and Chilled Jal Jeera Iced Tea. I made the mango Cranberry Chutney and the tea and with our without the sliders, they were again, fabulous!
Being a huge fan of mango lassi, I had to also try out the Mango Lassi recipe in the book and I wasn’t disappointed, the addition of turmeric is something new to me and I must say, I’m convinced!
Tikka, Tikki and Spicy Bites is a wonderful and priceless book, a great help in the summer and all year round! Just to give the bigger picture of what you’ll be getting, here’s the “official” description:
What’s in ‘Tikka Tikki & Spicy Bites:’
• Global twist on Indian kebabs, tikka, chutneys and more.
• Succulent meaty bites.
• Sensational seafood kebab and grills.
• Versatile vegetarian tikki, patties and dumplings.
• Learn how to make homemade Indian Naan flatbread.
• Outdoor grilling and indoor cooking instructions for every recipe.
• Well-rounded list of chutneys, raita and more.
• Condiment pairing suggestions within each recipe.
• Things-to-know and fun facts about kebab, tikka & Indian grills.
• Charcoal or gas grilling, what works best?
• Tools of the trade for making great kebabs.
• Indian marinating and spice rub tips.
• Wisdom on grilling, baking and serving Indian kebab.
• You’ll learn how to make Paneer or Indian cottage cheese.
• Bonus: a trio of Indian beverages that work wonders with spicy grills.
• And you’ll hear what readers have to say about our kebab and tikka.
*Go and get it NOW! Available on Amazon everywhere! Click the links below:
Spinach and Chickpea Sliders The kebab mix can be made a day earlier and kept in the fridge, covered.
Spinach and Chickpeas Kebab Sliders
Spinach and Chickpea Sliders
The kebab mix can be made a day earlier and kept in the fridge, covered.