A delicious, sweet risotto recipe. Call it a posh rice pudding! Super easy to make and served warm, it’s the perfect cold weather dessert.
- 200g (7oz) arborio rice
- 400ml (1 and three fifths cup) fresh full fat milk
- 150 ml (3 fifths cup) water
- 100g (3.5oz) condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 30g (1oz) salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 100g (3.5oz) white chocolate, broken up
- 100g (3.5oz) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Place the rice, milk, water, condensed milk and sugar and bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, stirring to mix everything.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring from time to time, especially at the end, to prevent burning.
- Melt the white chocolate at 50% power in the microwave, in 30 second bursts, until melted. Set aside.
- Take the risotto off the heat when it’s fairly dry. At this point, the rice will be cooked with still a bite to the grains.
- Pour half the risotto into a bowl.
- Add the butter and vanilla into the saucepan, stir, then add the melted white chocolate, stirring to mix. The white chocolate will seize but that’s perfectly fine.
- Add the raspberries to the risotto in the bowl and stir, mashing the raspberries up with a fork and mixing well.
- Serve up warm in 2 layers in little glass bowls and top with the raspberries.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4