Torta Caprese Bianca al Limone is an Italian Almond, White Chocolate and Lemon Cake. So easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- 340g (12 oz) of ground almonds (dry almond flour/meal)
- 2 Tbsp cornfour (cornstarch)
- 170g (6oz) white chocolate
- 170g (6oz) white sugar
- 170g (6oz) salted butter
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp limoncello (or 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice)
- zest of 2 organic, unwaxed lemons
You will also need a 23cm/9″ cake pan, lightly greased.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F). Reduce by 20˚C/70˚F if yours is a fan oven.
- Break the white chocolate up into little pieces and place in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave the white chocolate at 50% power for 60 seconds, stir, and give it another 30 – 45 seconds. Stir until it’s all melted. Set aside.
- Mix the cornflour into the almonds.
- Beat the egg whites with 2 tablespoons of sugar, until stiff. Set aside.
- With the same beaters, beat the butter and the rest of the sugar on medium for 1 minute, until pale.
- Add the yolks, one at a time, beating about 30 seconds before each yolk, still on medium speed.
- Then add the lemon zest, almonds, white chocolate and limoncello. Fold in with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Now, using the same spatula, fold in the stiff egg whites in 3 additions, using a light hand, in an east-west, north-south direction. No stirring round and round.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 – 50 minutes, until the sides are just coming away slightly and a cake tester comes out dry.
- Leave to cool, then serve as you fancy. Keeps for 2 days, in a tightly sealed container.
- Category: Cakes
- Cuisine: Italian