A Vegetarian Carpaccio, especially for the summer, with mozzarella, avocado, tomatoes and strawberries!
- 1 avocado
- 6 medium sized ripe tomatoes, different colours
- 4 strawberries
- 200g (7oz) mozzarella pearls or regular mozzarella
- some small basil leaves
- grated lemon zest, to finish (optional)
- 2 Tbsp EV olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- a very generous pinch salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes up into thin rounds, about 4-5 each tomato. A bread knife is best for this.
- Slice the strawberries thinly.
- If not using pearl mozzarella, slice the mozzarella up into rounds or just pinch and break it up into little pieces for a more rustic look.
- Arrange all the salad ingredients on a large plate with the tomatoes at the bottom, haphazardly throwing the basil leaves on.
- Drizzle the salad dressing all over and serve immediately.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: salad, vegetarian, healthy