- 200g/7oz flour
- 100g/3.5oz butter, cold, diced
- pinch of salt
- 2–3 Tbsp cold water
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the flour.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the water and mix in using a round-bladed knife. Add more water only if necessary.
- Bring everything together with a light touch to form a firm dough. Handle it as little as possible.
- Wrap the ball of dough in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes before using.