A 10 minute recipe for homemade shortcrust pastry, perfect for all sorts of sweet and savoury pastry.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g butter cold, diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 2-3 Tbsp cold water
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the flour.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the water and mix in using a round-bladed knife. Add more water only if necessary.
- Bring everything together with a light touch to form a firm dough. Handle it as little as possible.
- Wrap the ball of dough in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes before using.