Estimated reading time: 1 minute
I love these! Marinated cheese and olives make the perfect nibbles and are perfect in salads too! What’s more, I don’t think you can go wrong with this as a gift for a foodie. I know I say this all the time, they’re so easy to make at home and taste so much better than shop bought!
Perfect as part of a tapas spread, skewered to form canapés, take a look at Rosemary Spears, which is the second picture here.
Shall we get started?
If you like the recipe and article, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
Marinated cheese and olives
- 500 g feta, manchego cheese, mozzarella balls, etc
- OR 500g olives pitted
- OR a combination of both
- 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 125 ml white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- ½-1 tsp dried chilli flakes/crushed chillies
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 x 200ml jars sterilized
- Cube the cheese if not already done.
- Get a clean bowl and place all the ingredients in except the oil, tossing very gently, so as not to break the cheese up.
- Leave a minimum of 24 hours, stirring a couple of times gently.
- Fill the jars, top with olive oil to cover completely, using more if necessary.
- Seal, tag and label.
- Store in the fridge, good for a month as long as the cheese is topped up with oil.