I love these! Marinated cheese and olives make the perfect nibbles and are perfect in salads too! What’s more, I don’t think you can go wrong with this as a gift for a foodie. I know I say this all the time, they’re so easy to make at home and taste so much better than shop bought!
Perfect as part of a tapas spread, skewered to form canapés, take a look at Rosemary Spears, which is the second picture here.
Marinated cheese and olives
- 500g (1.1 lb) of feta, manchego cheese, mozzarella balls, etc
- OR 500g (1.1 lb) of olives, pitted
- OR a combination of both
- 250ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 125ml white wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
- half to 1 tsp dried chilli flakes/crushed chillies
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 x 200ml jars, sterilized
- Cube the cheese if not already done.
- Get a clean bowl and place all the ingredients in except the oil, tossing very gently, so as not to break the cheese up.
- Leave a minimum of 24 hours, stirring a couple of times gently.
- Fill the jars, top with olive oil to cover completely, using more if necessary.
- Seal, tag and label.
- Store in the fridge, good for a month as long as the cheese is topped up with oil.
Total time does not include marinating time.