Estimated reading time: 1 minute
These Roast Tomatoes are extremely simple to make and very handy to have in the fridge or freezer. You can use them in salads, salsas, sauces, stews & chillies to deepen the flavour. Also a perfect topping for pizza – deep, tangy & definitely different! I often make a huge batch & it keeps in the fridge for about a week happily but freezing is another great way to have them at hand. And of course, the perfect topping for bruschetta!
You need a baking tray that is big enough to accommodate the number of tomatoes you have, no overcrowding.
Serve as a topping on pizzas, salads, crostinis, bruschetas or make this fabulous Roast Tomato Salsa.
Let’s get our aprons on!
If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
- 12 large vine tomatoes halved
- 2 clove garlic sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- small handful fresh oregano
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 160˚C/310˚F.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic & herbs onto the baking tray.
- Drizzle the oil & vinegar all over, season with salt & pepper & mix thoroughly.
- If you can be bothered, turn the tomatoes so that they're are cut side down.
- Bake for about 1 hour, depending on how soft the tomatoes were to begin with.
- When they're all soft & wrinkled, you know they're done.