This Shiitake Ceviche is a beautiful, sharp, tangy summer dish. Perfect as an accompaniment to many dishes or just part of a summer spread.
I often make this with the Japanese Salmon Korokke.
500g shiitake mushrooms
small garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
half tsp mirin
half tsp sake
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan on high heat.
2. Saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. We are essentially, cooking & drying the mushrooms.
3. Add the garlic & cook for 3o seconds.
4. Add everything else in apart from the lime juice and stir for 30 seconds. Take off heat.
5. Add the lime juice and stir to mix.
6. Place in the fridge, covered until cold and when needed. Best served cold.