This Kefir, Mango and Banana Protein Smoothie is a delicious smoothie, rich in goodness and probiotics. We are using Milk Kefir here, which is a cultured probiotic drink made with Kefir “grains”. Kefir drinks are easily available these days, next to all the other probiotic drinks, but in my house, it’s homemade. All you need to get started is a kefir starter, which consists of the “grains”. But more of that, in an actual post on kefir.
This smoothie is absolutely delicious, and is just one of many ways that we use kefir at home. As I have my smoothies as part of my workout nutrition, they always have some protein powder in the mix. You can do the same, or leave it out, and still have a protein drink.
I add some ginger and turmeric to the mix, and when you use turmeric, you have to have a touch of black pepper to increase the absorption. Read more on turmeric here.
The final flavour is a rich, creamy and tangy drink that is going to do you a world of good!Print
This Kefir, Mango and Banana Protein Smoothie is a delicious smoothie rich in goodness and probiotics. We are using Milk Kefir, a cultured, probiotic drink.
- 250 ml (1 cup) kefir milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- half to 1 mango, chopped
- quarter tsp ground turmeric or a tiny amount of fresh
- about 1 cm (roughly half an inch) fresh ginger
- a dash of freshly ground black pepper
- half tsp chia seeds (or any others, even a small amount of nuts)
- 1 tsp honey (optional, to counter the sour kefir)
- Grate the turmeric (if fresh) and ginger.
- Place everything into a blender and blend to a smooth drink.
- Category: Healthy Recipes