Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Y’all know that I LOVE chocolate. Now, I also LOVE coffee!
Many moons ago when I was searching for a mocha recipe, all I would see would be combinations of instant coffee, chocolate syrup and/or cocoa powder. Sacre Bleu! If they got one component right they’d go right ahead and kill the recipe by using something instant or syrup – yucks!
Here’s my own recipe, espresso, organic dark chocolate, vanilla, milk and double cream. Rich and indulgent! Not for the faint hearted!
Shall we get our aprons on?
If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
- 1-2 shots espresso depends on how strong you like it
- 20 g dark chocolate 70%, broken
- 50 ml double cream
- 100 ml whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- sugar to taste 1-2 tsp per serving, I do without
- Place the chocolate and most of the cream in a bowl or mug and melt. Stir to combine thoroughly. Save about 2 tbsp of cream for the top layer at the end.
- Make the espresso.
- Add the vanilla and sugar, if using, stir, then add the espresso.
- Pour into the serving latte glass or cappuccino cup.
- Froth the milk. Add to the coffee and stir gently.
- Very gently, add the rest of the cream to achieve that layered look.