Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Y’all know that I LOVE chocolate. Now, I also LOVE coffee!
Many moons ago when I was searching for a mocha recipe, all I would see would be combinations of instant coffee, chocolate syrup and/or cocoa powder. Sacre Bleu! If they got one component right they’d go right ahead and kill the recipe by using something instant or syrup – yucks!
Here’s my own recipe, espresso, organic dark chocolate, vanilla, milk and double cream. Rich and indulgent! Not for the faint hearted!
Shall we get our aprons on?
If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
Recipe for mocha coffee, my way.Print Pin Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1-2 shots espresso depends on how strong you like it
- 20 g dark chocolate 70%, broken
- 50 ml double cream
- 100 ml whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- sugar to taste 1-2 tsp per serving, I do without
- Place the chocolate and most of the cream in a bowl or mug and melt. Stir to combine thoroughly. Save about 2 tbsp of cream for the top layer at the end.
- Make the espresso.
- Add the vanilla and sugar, if using, stir, then add the espresso.
- Pour into the serving latte glass or cappuccino cup.
- Froth the milk. Add to the coffee and stir gently.
- Very gently, add the rest of the cream to achieve that layered look.
I always melt chocolate in the microwave and have never had a problem. I suppose the key is to adjust the power, especially with white chocolate as it burns easily. Mine is 1000 watts and I use it at 50% power to melt chocolate.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 940mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 452IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg
Did you make this recipe?Mention @azlinbloor and tag #linsfood!
Made it? Upload your photosMention @azlinbloor and tag #linsfood!
7 thoughts on “Mocha Lin”
Greetings from google plus. This looks sooooooo good.
Yuuuuuum. Mocha is my favorite hot drink.
That sounds just delicious! and you are using my favorite chocolate… Green&Black! YUMMY!!!!
The Mocha Lin sounds delicious dear!And who doesn’t love chocolates;) I for one am head-over-heels in love with chocolate in any form – your recipe was a blast!:)
Comments are closed.