Roast Tomato Salsa is a must in the summer when you have a huge selection of tomatoes to choose from. The Mexicans have so many types of sauces and salsas to accompany their dishes, meals or snacks. The best thing is these salsas are so quick and easy to make. Next time you have a party, don’t go out and buy your salsa, make your own with a few simple everyday ingredients!
Serve as a condiment to practically anything, for tortilla wraps, a dip for tortilla chips or a topping for nachos. Even good as a chutney with curry!
You will find a simple how to for Roast Tomatoes here.Print
- 1 portion Roast Tomatoes, chopped, I like mine coarsely chopped
- half a red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (if you have time, dry roast this in a pan over low heat for a couple of minutes, without burning or it’ll be bitter)
- half to 1 red chilli, chopped
- small sprig of rosemary, chopped
- In a roomy bowl, mix all the ingredients together, giving them a real good toss, adding about 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil from the tomatoes, or more to taste.
- Add a light sprinkle of salt and pepper and you’re done!
- Serving Size: 4