Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Thinking of making some pickles or jam? Or maybe one of my many chilli pastes and alcoholic infusions on this site? Then you’ll need some sterilised jars or bottles for the purpose, to store your finished product in.
How to Sterilise Jars and Bottles
It’s a very simple process. This is what we do:
- Preheat the oven.
- Wash the jars, bottles and their lids.
- Dry in the oven for only 15 minutes.
Told ya it was easy!
And if you need any recipe ideas to get you going, here are some delicious one, ranging from spicy stuff like the Peach Hot Sauce to drinks, like Limoncello.
Chilli Pastes and Hot Sauces
Homemade Drink Infusions
If you like the tutorial, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
Steriling Jars and Bottles
- jars and bottles as needed
- oven gloves
- 4 glass jars or bottle
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (270°F/110°C Fan).
- Wash your jars, bottles and lids with hot soapy water and rinse well.
- Place them in the preheated oven, upside down to dry and sterilise for 15 minutes.
- Whend done, turn the oven off, and if not needed immediately, leave in the oven to cool. If you need them immediately, very carefully, get them out using your clean oven gloves or kitchen tongs.