Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
This White Chocolate and Raspberry Frappé has become a firm favourite with my kids since I first made it a month ago. To me, white chocolate and raspberries have a natural affinity; the tartness of the raspberries sets off the richness of the white chocolate extremely well. It’s a combination I’ve used a few times before, most notably in the Raspberry, Rose and White Chocolate Cake.
I’ve experimented with quite a few drink recipes in the last month or so, all meant for my latest e-cookbook, “Ramadan Recipes – a 7 Day Meal Plan”, just published this past weekend and available on Amazon everywhere. It can be used by anyone looking for a meal plan, not just for those who are fasting and most certainly a useful meal plan for any week. You’ll find it on Amazon in all countries; you don’t need a Kindle to buy it, just download a Kindle app on your smartphone, tablet or computer. See the image at the top of this page.
Back to today’s recipe (sorry, I have to plug my book!), White Chocolate and Raspberry Frappé. It’s one of a handful of drink recipes that didn’t make the cut, no, no, not because it wasn’t good enough, but I had to match the drinks to the recipe of the day, and this one was a bit of an odd one out. It was too rich for the cheesecake, not quite right with the onion bhajis and a bit too much for the mocha risotto!
It’s a very easy recipe to put together, a little on the rich and sweet side as drinks go but not quite like a milkshake. If you love cold drinks, try it out and let me know what you think.
Getting the best of this White Chocolate and Raspberry Frappé
Make the Raspberry compote ahead and place in the fridge, as it’s a cold drink.
Use the best white chocolate you can get your hands on. I use Green & Black’s White Chocolate.
This recipe makes 2, double the amount for 4, although you may have to blend it in 2 go’s, depending on how big your blender is.
So, shall we get started?
If you like the recipe and article, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
White Chocolate and Raspberry Frappé
- 100 g good quality white chocolate
- 500 ml cold whole or semi skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- raspberry compote recipe below
- 2 handfuls ice cubes
- 2 handfuls raspberries fresh or frozen
- 60 g white sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- Place 125ml/half cup of the milk in a microwaveable jug or large mug and heat for 1-2 minutes until very hot. Time taken will depend on the strength of your oven. Keep an eye on it as once it boils, it will flood your microwave oven.
- While waiting for the milk to heat up, break up your white chocolate into little pieces.
- Place the white chocolate pieces in the hot milk and stir until melted.
- Add the vanilla in and stir well to mix. If you are using vanilla paste with seeds, the seeds will sink eventually, not a big deal.
- Place the ice, the chocolate and milk mix as well as the rest of the cold milk into a blender and blitz to mix.
- Place everything in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the fruit if you like.
- When done, cool to a room temperature, cover, and place in the fridge until needed.
12 thoughts on “White Chocolate and Raspberry Frappé”
I love the frappe and I adore your latest book! Keep up the good work!!
Thank you Lisa, I will!
I agree, white chocolate and raspberry are perfect together. Such a beautiful frappe for a hot summer day. Congrats on your book!
Thank you, Tara, definitely for a hot day!
My boyfriend lovessss white chocolate so this would be the perfect drink for him!
I’m sure he’ll love it if he loves white chocolate!
I love the combination of white chocolate and raspberry! I know I am going to love this White Chocolate and Raspberry Frappe! I can’t wait to try it.
Thank you so much, let me know what you think!
I love how you’ve done this with the beautiful raspberries at the bottom!
Thank you, I went a little OTT for effect!
That is a rich and indulgent frappe! Better get out my fat jeans!
Hahaha, you can always have half!