Here’s a very simple Easter Cake. All recipes are on the Cake Decorating page, and all you need to do is click on the individual items (like Madeira Cake), to get there.
Pick a colour scheme and play around with it, pastel works well at Easter but shocking colours always make a statement.
And if you fancy anymore Cake recipes and decorating ideas, head on over to the Cake Page, for goodies like:
- 1 x 8″ Madeira Cake
- 1 portion Buttercream Icing
- 500g (just over 1 lb) fondant icing, green in this picture, shop bought or homemade
- seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 medium white chocolate Easter egg
- mini chocolate eggs
- some tiny cut out flowers from fondant, shop bought or homemade, these were homemade
- edible glue for sticking, the buttercream will show
- Go to Icing and Filling Cakes with Buttercream.
- Go to Covering cake with Fondant.
- Break the medium Easter Egg apart carefully.
- Decide where you’re going to place the medium Easter egg halves, then, using a butter knife or something similarly blunt, create a small depression in the fondant, going slightly through to the cake.
- “Tuck” the Easter egg halves in the little depressions.
- Arrange the mini eggs as you please, glueing some of them down if necessary.
- Arrange, the little flowers around (glue them down) as you wish, all around or as I have.