This Grilled Peach Salad with Rocket (arugula) and Roquefort is sooo easy, I’m almost embarrassed to post it. Almost! With its sweet, herby, nutty and slightly tangy flavour, it’s going to satisfy all your cravings.
It makes a great light lunch, especially on these hot, hot, hot days. It;s just a matter of grilling those peaches, making some salad dressing, and tossing everything together.
If you’re well into your bbqs, this grilled peach salad is perfect, as you can just do the peaches on the bbq, and serve it up while the meat is cooking.
Grilled Peach Salad Recipe
As mentioned above, this is a super easy recipe. You only need a few ingredients to make up the salad, and a few more for the dressing, which I’ve kept pretty simple once again.
It’s another fairly fluid recipe, and you can use this peach salad as a base for your creativity or use it as an idea and chop and change the ingredients as you fancy.
For eg, if you like the idea of more protein in this grilled peach salad besides the little bit of cheese, you could add some boiled eggs, anchovies, cooked meat, other canned fish or bacon. These are just some ideas.
Or, perhaps you’re thinking you prefer nectarines to peaches, or feta or some smoked cheese in place of the roquefort – that’s totally doable too. See what I mean by fluid?
And, that’s about it. Makes a nice change when I don’t talk too much, doesn’t it? Shall we get our aprons on?
More Salad Recipes on LinsFood
♥ If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! 😉 Thank you! ♥
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
Grilled Peach Salad with Rocket and Roquefort
- 2 peaches not overripe
- ½ Tbsp EV olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves (arugula)
- 60 g roquefort cheese
- 4 walnuts
- 1 Tbsp EV olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
Prep the peaches
- Stone the peaches, then slice each peach half into 4 wedges.
- Gently toss the peaches with ½ Tbsp olive oil.
- Heat a griddle (or do this or your bbq) on medium-high heat and grill the peaches for a minute on each side.
- Tip out into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Peel then slice the shallots thinly, then add to the peaches in the bowl.
- Add the rocket leaves to the bowl.
- Pour half the dressing all over the peaches, shallots and leaves and very gently mix. You don't want to break the peaches up. If your peaches are soft, then keep them separate, just toss the shallots and leaves. Then place the peaches on the leaves after serving onto individual plates.
- Divide the salad onto 2 plates.
- Crumble the roquefort all over.
- Break up the walnuts with your hands and top the salad with them.
- Drizzle the rest of the salad dressing all over and serve immediately.