This is my recipe for how to make a basic Italian Tomato Sauce very quickly and simply. Cooks have their own preferences regarding the types of tomatoes used, fresh or tinned, the length of cooking, etc. My recipe simplifies everything for you keeping it quick and easy whilst ensuring it tastes “magnifico”!
In my Udemy course, Cooking Italian for Beginners, this is the recipe we use to coat our pizza (the last lecture in the course). I love to add some chillies to the tomato sauce for a spicy Arabiata style sauce and it also makes a very handy tomato sauce when cooking Mexican!
If you get some pasta going on the stove before you start cooking the tomato sauce, you’ll end up with a speedy, complete meal in less than 20 minutes! With a healthy side salad, of course!
That’s it, folks, just a quick post, in line with my quick recipe! And if you’re interested in my other cooking classes follow this link to my Udemy cooking courses, I’m currently working on my Moroccan Masterclass course!Print
Perfect Italian Tomato Sauce recipe, great with pasta and as a pizza sauce. Taken from my Udemy “Cooking Italian for Beginners” course.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped widthwise or finely 1 x 440g can good quality chopped tomatoes
- a handful basil leaves, torn
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil on medium high heat in a frying pan.
- Fry the garlic for about 15 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir well and bring back to boil.
- Mash the tomatoes with a potato masher, if you like or leave as is.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- That’s it, you now have a gorgeous tomato sauce bursting with
- flavours that will make all the difference on your pizza.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: italian, pasta sauce