A very easy, very quick fish dish, perfect for a mid week lunch, served with some mash, fried rice, noodles or any form of potatoes, with a side salad, of course.
However, as you can see in the picture, makes an amazing party dish as well. All I’ve done is cut the cooked salmon up into cubes/little pieces & paced them on a bed of rice, topped with a tiny piece of fried rice paper. You can just as easily top it with a slice of capsicum, cucumber or just a leaf. I reckon green would go nicely on top.
The salmon takes on the miso flavours very well, resulting in a very intense flavour that only needs light accompaniment. I am using red miso here, which is a better marinade than white miso. If you’d like to know a little more about miso, click here.
Here, we are baking it in the oven but it can be grilled (broil) or cooked on the stove top. Doesn’t need long to cook at all.Print
A quick and easy recipe using miso as the marinade for the salmon.
- 2 salmon fillets, skinless
- 1 tbsp red miso
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- half in ginger, pounded/grated
- dash of white pepper
- dash of chilli flakes
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinade the salmon for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F.
- Place the salmon fillets in a lightly greased baking dish & bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how well done you like it. I prefer it at 20.
Prep time includes the 30 minutes of marinating.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 2