Estimated reading time: 1 minute
A very easy, very quick fish dish, perfect for a mid week lunch, served with some mash, fried rice, noodles or any form of potatoes, with a side salad, of course.
The salmon takes on the miso very well, resulting in a very intense flavour that only needs light accompaniment. I am using red miso here, which is a better marinade than white miso. If you’d like to know a little more about miso, click here.
In this recipe, we are baking it in the oven but the salmon can also be grilled (broil) or cooked on the stove top. Doesn’t need long to cook at all.
Can you use other fish for this? Yes, absolutely!
Shall we get our aprons on?
If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
- 2 salmon fillets skinless
- 1 tbsp red miso
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- ½ inch ginger pounded/grated
- dash of white pepper
- dash of chilli flakes
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinade the salmon for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F.
- Place the salmon fillets in a lightly greased baking dish & bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how well done you like it. I prefer it at 20.