This Thai style grilled oysters is a super quick and easy recipe to make for all your parties, be it Christmas or a simple brunch.
First published 2015. Republished with updated content Jan 2021.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Thai Style Grilled Oysters
This Thai style grilled oyster recipe is an amazing party dish, especially when you plan to impress.
The sweet, creamy, briny and sometimes coppery flavour of the oysters is enhanced by the hot and sour flavours of our Thai marinade. It’s a delicious combination, and after tasting one, you’ll wish you’d made more. If someone else would just shuck the damn things, of course.
This is a very quick and easy recipe, just a case of putting together a simple Thai or South East Asian style dipping sauce, adding to the oysters and grilling the oysters under a hot grill for about 4 minutes.
The result is a potent blend of silky smooth oyster and hot and sour dipping sauce – awesome!
It’s so easy, that it’s even a super quick post! No exciting ingredient or method to talk about today! Enjoy it while you can – doesn’t happen very often! 😉
Oyster Lover or Hater?
I absolutely love oysters. Any which way I’m served them. Considered peasant food a hundred years or so ago, but now, highly prized as sexy, upmarket fare, they hardly need any preparation to be enjoyed.
And yet, today’s Thai styled grilled oysters is going to change your mind about that. The flavour is simply out of this world.
The only thing that may put people off in preparing oysters at home is the shucking. I must confess it’s not my favourite part either. But needs must!
I have a quick video showing you how to do it, if you fancy giving it a try. Or better still, get someone else to do it for you and reward them with a glass of wine. Or a kiss. 😊
Shall we get our aprons on?
How to Shuck Oysters on YouTube
More Appetizers on LinsFood
♥ If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you! ♥
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
Thai Styled Grilled Oysters
- 10-12 Oysters
- 60 ml fish sauce
- 60 ml lime juice or rice wine vinegar
- 2 Thai Birds Eye Chilli 1 of each colour, if you like
- 1 spring onion (scallion)
- ½ clove garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
- Shuck the oysters (watch the video).
- Chop the chillies, garlic, spring onion and coriander finely.
- Mix the the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Add the chopped ingredients to the sauce.
- Spoon about half a tsp of the sauce onto each oyster and grill for 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, served with just a little more of the dipping sauce.
- Be careful, the oysters will be very hot, shell and meat.