An irresistibly presented chocolate dessert – chocolate spoons filled with delicious white chocolate mousse.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
These Chocolate Spoons are a huge hit with just about everyone! There is something totally delightful about a table covered with little dishes of sweet delights – chocolate, cream, lemon, lime – where do you even start?! When I entertain, I give as much, if not more thought to desserts and if I’m serving 4 or 5 different types of savoury dishes then you are just as likely to find the same number of dessert varieties too.
Today’s is a very simple recipe, you do have to have the mould to make the spoons though. Silicone moulds are best as the chocolate spoon practically slip out, no sticking or breaking.
What if you don’t have the Chocolate Spoon moulds?
You can always use a different shaped mould for this recipe. Or coat little cupcake cases, let harden in the fridge, peel away the paper or silicone cases and fill with the white chocolate mousse.
The spoons are filled with white chocolate mousse, which will keep in the fridge for 2 days, quite happily. As far as the chocolate goes, use anything you like, if you’re not a fan of dark chocolate, milk chocolate will go perfectly. I’m using Cadbury’s Dairy Milk here.
You could decorate the mousse slightly with chocolate shavings if you wish but I decided to leave it be for a simple look.
Can be made up about 6 hours ahead and left in the fridge.
Chocolate spoons can be made days ahead and kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
The mousse can be made up to 2 hours ahead.
So, shall we get our aprons on?
If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
More Chocolate Recipes on LinsFood
Chocolate Spoons with White chocolate Mousse
- silicone spoon mould
- 2 piping bags
- 200 g chocolate
For the White Chocolate Mousse (makes enough to fill 6 espresso cups)
- 200 g good white chocolate like Green and Black’s
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract you can use other flavours
Let’s make the white chocolate mousse first.
- Break the chocolate into little pieces and place in a large microwaveable bowl. Add the cream.
- Heat at medium power for 2-3 minutes until melted . Stir to completely melt the chocolate.
- Add the vanilla or whatever flavouring you want. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff.
- Gently fold a couple of tablespoons of the egg white into the chocolate mixture to lighten it before folding in the rest, GENTLY. You don't want to knock all the air out, this is to achieve that light texture synonymous with a good mousse.
- When done, place the mousse in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, to allow it to stiffen slightly so that you can pipe it onto the spoons and it will then hold its shape.
- Break the chocolate up into little pieces and place in a microwaveable bowl.
- Heat to melt and stir thoroughly.
- Let cool for 1 minute, then place in a piping bag attached with a small round nozzle or like I do, use a disposable bag and snip a little of the end off.
- Pipe into the mould, making sure that they're thick enough not to break easily. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Unmould them onto a presentation plate.
- Fill another piping bag with the mousse, snip the end of (just a small opening), and pipe the mousse onto the spoons as in pic. Feel free to decorate with tiny chocolate swirls or leave as is.