First published May 2014. Updated Aug 2017.
Strawberry Margarita is one of my favourite summer drinks, straight up or frozen! Nothing says summer like the fresh, red and sweet strawberries that fill up the shops and the farmer’s markets.
We do occasionally grow our own too but there’s never enough to make something with. So my kids and I love going to these pick-your-own farms, and always come back with punnet after punnet of various fruit and vegetables!
We make the strawberry margarita in exactly the same way as a regular margarita, just with some added strawberries, puréed, and the same ratio as the tequila.
You can, however, adjust the amount of strawberries used; use more for a stronger strawberry flavour. And you shouldn’t need any sugar syrup, as the strawberries will play that part.
Salt Rim for Strawberry Margarita
There’s always a huge debate over this, go with what you fancy. Personally, I love the contrast of the salt rim against the sweetness of the strawberries!
Shall we get our aprons on?
More Margarita Recipes on LinsFood
Strawberry Margarita, the Classy Summer Cocktail
- A cocktail shaker would be great, if not, just stir it all up well (for the non frozen).
- For the frozen version, you'll need a blender.
- 60 ml (2 fluid oz) tequila
- 30 ml (1 fluid oz) Cointreau or any Triple Sec
- 30 ml (1 fluid oz) fresh lime juice
- a handful fresh strawberries pureed
- salt sprinkled on a saucer lime slices for the glass
- a handful or two ice cubes
- Run a lime slice all around the rim of your glass.
- Dip the glass rim into the salt.
- Add the required amounts of tequila, cointreau, lime juice and strawberry puree into your shaker with about half a dozen ice cubes.
- Shake it all up really well.
- Pour the margarita, minus the ice cubes, into your prepared glass, stick a strawberry on and sip away!
- Place all ingredients, including ice cubes, in blender and zap away until you have a smooth mixture. Pour into glass, stick a strawberry and sip away! A little straw will go nicely for frozen margaritas!