This hot buttered brandy starts trending on LinsFood as soon as the temperatures dip “properly” in October. I’m not surprised really, as it’s a deliciously warming drink on cold days. Especially when it’s wet or snowing.
First published Dec 2016. Republished with updated content Dec 2020.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Hot Buttered Brandy Recipe
This hot buttered brandy takes only 5 minutes to make and will warm you right down to your bones!
Similar drinks are made with all sorts of spirits, Hot Toddy, with whisky is one you’ve probably heard of. You can also make Hot Buttered Rum, Hot Buttered Gin and whatever else that you think might work!
LinsFood’s Hot Buttered Brandy Recipe
I’ve updated this recipe a little for today’s post.
- First, I reduced the water in the original recipe by half, making for a more potent drink all around, not just by abv, but also flavour and aroma.
- And secondly, I added a tiny, tiny amount of vanilla to the drink (just a drop or two), and it was like a piece to the puzzle I didn’t even know was missing. It completes the drink in a wonderful way.
For all of you who’ve tried the old recipe, you’re going to love this new and improved hot buttered brandy! Trust me!
And that’s all there is to it. Shall we get our aprons on?
♥ If you like the recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment and that all important, 5-star rating! 😉 Thank you!
And if you make the recipe, share it on any platform and tag me @azlinbloor, and hashtag it #linsfood
More Cocktails on LinsFood
Head on over to the Drinks page for more drink recipes, like the following:
Hot Buttered Brandy, a Warming Winter Drink
- 125 ml water
- 1 Tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 125 ml brandy
- Place the water, sugar, butter and spices in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer on low heat.
- Stir to dissolve and mix the butter and simmer for 1 minute.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Divide the hot water mix into two brandy glasses or any glass of your choice.
- Top with half the brandy in each glass.
- Stir to mix and serve immediately.