Here’s another winter cocktail, Hot Buttered Brandy. It takes 5 minutes to make and will warm you right down to your bones! Similar drinks are made with all sorts of spirits, Hot Toddy, with whisky is one you’ve probably heard of. You can also make Hot Buttered Rum, Hot Buttered Gin and whatever else that you think might work!
Any brandy will work for this, needless to say, the better the quality, the smoother the drink. However, as we add water, sugar and spices to it, you can probably get away with something fairly inexpensive.
Hot Buttered Brandy Variation
When I use Calvados or Apple Cider Brandy, I use apple juice instead of water, and do away with the sugar. I must confess to being very partial to our local Apple Cider Brandy from the guys at Somerset Cider Brandy and was extremely pleased that my in-laws got me a bottle this Christmas.Print
Hot Buttered Brandy recipe. It takes 5 minutes to make and will warm you right down to your bones!
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 Tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 125ml (half cup) brandy
- Place the water, sugar, butter and spices in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer on low heat.
- Stir to dissolve and mix the butter.
- Divide the hot water mix into two brandy glasses or any glass of your choice.
- Top with half the brandy in each glass.
- Stir to mix and serve immediately.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 2